For the peas stuffing:
Peas - 1 cup
Green chillies- 3
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
salt to taste
water to knead.
Put the whole wheat flour,salt in a wide mouthed vessel and knead it into a soft and managable dough (Use luke warm water for good results).Set it aside.
For the Peas filling:
1. Blend peas with ginger garlic paste,green chillies into a coarse paste without adding water.
2. Heat 2-1/2 tsps oil in a kadhai/wok add jeera after it splutters add the ground ppeas paste and saute well till it looses its rawness. Add salt, hing, and mix well. Keep sauteing till well roasted.
3. Take it off the flame and let it cool.
To Make Peas Paratha:
1. Make equal portions of the dough and make them into balls.
2. Take one portion and roll it into a small circle ( palm sized) and spoon 2 tbsps of the peas filling. Fold the sides towards the top and seal the edges.
3. Flatten the dough ball and dip it in the flour on either sides and roll it gently to get parathas of desired thickness.
4.Cook it on medium-low flame , dotting the edgesand surface with 1 tsp oil, keep pressing the edges and the centre and flip it on to the other side put some oil cook the same way till done.
5. Repeat the same with the remaing dough and filling.
6. Serve the peas parathas with pickle, curd or chutney.
Recipe courtesy: Googled and made some changes to the couple of recipes ref.