For the Koftas
- 1/2 a cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup besan
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
- Handful of coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 small tomato (minced)
- Salt to taste
For the Curry:
- 2 medium sized potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup sour curd (whisked and mixed with 1 cup water)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
Put all the kofta ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Make small lemon sized balls and keep them in a plate. Heat oil in a wok/kadhai and deep fry the koftas to a golden brown. Put the fried koftas on plate laid with tissue paper to absorb the excess oil from them. After about 2 minutes transfer the koftas to a serving bowl.
Heat 3 tblspns of oil. Put in potatoes and spices. Fry till the mixture is golden colour (on medium flame). Put in sugar, salt and stir for a few more seconds. Now add curd and keep stirring gently on a low flame for 2 -3 minutes.
Pour the curry over the koftas. Sprinkle garam masala on top (optional). Heat ghee and pour on top of the kofta curry before serving. This dish goes well with rice as well as roti.