1/2 cup broken wheat (dalia/bulgar wheat/lapsi)
- Clean the broken wheat thorougly in water ( 2-3 changes of water) drain it well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard. When it splutters add curry leaves, once it starts to pop add the grated ginger, green chillie,onion and saute till the onions become translucent.
- Add the green peas, carrot, broken wheat and saute for sometime. Next add water, salt and mix well. Close the lid of the cooker and cook it for 1-2 whistles.
- Once the pressure cooker cools, open the lid and let it cool and set for a few seconds then add lime juice and mix well.
- Tranfer the contents of the cooker to the serving vessel and garnish it with grated coconut.
- The broken wheat veggie upma is ready to be served :)