Baking fascinates me but, I hadn't dared to bake anything other than the usual sponge cake and blah blah.. I have been wanting to bake some really good looking colourful cakes :) Today, being relatively free decided to make 'Marble Cake' which I have been eyeying from a long time. I love to see the striped pattern the cake shows off! I had the recipe resting in peace on one of my bookshelves. Today was the day of action , it had to be dusted and put to use.All went well till the final step, Coz then...I had nail biting tension, as to how it would turn out. YIPEEEEEEEEEEE...Finally it was a success, and I'm on cloud nine!!! actually the credit goes to all of you who prepare such wonderful recipes and post the procedure along with amazing pictures. My tons of thanks to all the blogs(along with my good old recipe book) which I went through to simplify and make the method as easy as possible for the fear of messing it up. The recipe for marble cake is as follows:
Sugar 1 cup
Milk 1 cup
Oil 1 cup ( refined vegetable oil)
Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
Maida 2 cups (+1 tsp baking powder +1/2 tsp salt)
Dark cocoa powder 3-4 tbsp
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar till it is creamy and light in colour
- Add milk and oil and continue beating it blends well (i used a blender)
- Add vanilla essence to the mixture.
- Gradually add flour and beat until the batter is smooth and evenly mixed.
- Divide the mixture in 2 equal portions. Keep one portion plain.
- Add the dark cocoa to the other portion and mix well.
- Grease the baking tin.
- Pour the light coloured batter and the chocolate mixture alternatelyand evenly. Start with the light coloured batter.
- Do not disturb the setting, it will spread on its own.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 mts (till a knife pierced comes out clean)
- Take out from the oven and cool it on a wire rack.