Baking breads is an absolute pleasure :)I enjoy it thoroughly, so after baking a whole lot of banana breads and also trying out some combinations in banana breads... thought it's time I give some other add ons to the famous quick breakfast breads.
Strawberries are getting noticed just about everywhere, so zeroed in on strawberry bread... Here's a keeper recipe from Joy of bakingSome changes I made to the original recipe:
1. Replaced all- purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
2. Used 2 large eggs instead of 3 eggs as mentioned in the recipe.
3. Added a few spoons of cold milk to the batter to get the required consistency.
4. As the recipe had an option between sour cream and plain yogurt, I chose the later.
5. My oven took an extra 20 minutes to bake the cake to perfection.
How We liked the bread:
The bread was super moist. Cinnamon combined with strawberry takes the taste altogether to another plane :) just heavenly!
It could be a great dessert if had with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream drizzled with chocolate sauce or even better as a filling breakfast with a tall glass of milk :)
I would definitely add this recipe to my list of favourites :)