1 -Raw mango, peeled, grated
1 cup -Cooked rice
3/4th cup - Grated coconut
1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 tsp -Mustard seeds
1-2 no. -Green chillies
1-2 -Strands of coriander leaves
Salt -To taste
2 tsp -Oil
1tsp -Mustard seeds
1 tsp -Udad dal
1 tsp -Chana dal
1 sprig -Curry leaves
- Grind into a coarse paste the grated mango, coconut, green chilli, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, coriander leaves ,salt with very little water. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add chana dal, udad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and fry till it splutters.
- Next, add the ground paste to the kadhai and fry for a couple of seconds.
- To this paste that is getting fried add the cooked rice and mix well so that the rice blends in with the paste.(Add salt if necessary)
- Take it off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with accompaniment of your choice.