The other day I was looking for a particular recipe in my book shelf ...I restumbled into the Banana pancake recipe. And Lo! like an old craving which sets in I was longing to have them right away. That's when I decided to make it for breakfast on Sunday. I made it for breakfast yesterday and yum yum......should I say more :) here's the recipe.
1 cup flour
3-4 tbsp caster sugar/sugar powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup yogurt/sour cream
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1-2 large bananas , pureed
50 g unsalted butter
salt to taste
1. Sift together flour,sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Whisk together milk, yogurt, eggs, vanilla essence,banana and lemon zest. Add wet ingedients to dry ones. Mixing only until just combined. Don't over do it.
3. In a large non-stick frying pan, melt 1 tbsp butter on medium-low flame heat until it bubbles.
4. Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter . cook 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on top and underside is nicely browned. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
5. Wipe pan with paper towel/tissue, add more butter to the pan and continue cooking pancakes until all batter is used up.
6. If you are feeling more indulgent serve with extra slices of bananas and a drizzle of honey/maple syrup/dates syrup.
7. to Keep the pancakes warm while you serve, heat it for a few seconds in the microwave .
LOVE YOUR BLOG AWARD :)Varunavi of 'My Kitchen's Aroma' has shared a lovely award with me, this one comes with a set of rules. here it is
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs (Only if you like)
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blog.
As they say rules are meant to be broken :)I'd like to share it with all my foodie blogger friends, It's extremely difficult to choose only 7, I love all the blogs I visit :) . So friends please feel free to carry it along with you! I'd be more than glad if you do :)