Before giving out the recipe here’s an awesome joke, got it this morning from my cousin brother, I almost fell off the chair laughing…read on
Santa singh went to a Phone booth and slapped the operator twice!
Because it was written on a board: ‘Dial karne se pehle krupeya do lagaiye! :)
Recipe for Mango Rice:
1 cup grated raw mango (peeled)
2 cups Rice, cooked and cooled
5-6 Curry leaves
½ tsp Turmeric powder
A pinch of Asafoetida/hing
1 tsp Urad dal
1tsp Chana dal
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2-3 Green chillies slit
Salt to taste
2-3 tsp oil
2-3 tbsp Coriander finely chopped
2-3 tbsp thinly chopped coconut pieces
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
2. Add urad dal, chana dal when it starts browning add mustard seeds and curry
3. When they start to pop add slit green chillies, asafoetida,
salt, turmeric powder and sauté for just a few seconds.
4. Next to the tempering add the grated raw mango and mix well so all the
seasoning blends well with it. Sauté for sometime, add the cooked rice to it and
mix well for the rice to mix evenly with the other ingredients.
5. Check and adjust the salt if necessary.
Take it off the flame and garnish with
coconut pieces and coriander leaves
6.Serve hot with accompaniment of your choice
Note: 1. you could use coconut oil for tempering the dish tastes even better.
2. You can also add roasted and crushed peanuts .