Hi dearies!! It's been a long week and the group of words"THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY" seems to be the line for me :) This week was busy as I had to complete all the pending work that I had piled for 'later'( am sure many of us do that) It's not only the work but my new interest in Warli painting that has kept me busy...believe me it's addictive and interesting.
Here take a look :)
After all that ranting let's get to business :) Whole Moong green is one of my favourites not only for health reasons but also it's pleasure to work with...it easily takes in any kind of experiment that one would want to try...and the combination of spices and vegetables that one can use with it is infinite :) Today's recipe is whole moong stir fry..... simple and delicious...here's the recipe:
Whole Green Moong Stir Fry:
1 and 1/2 cups: Whole green moong, pre-cooked
1 onion: finely chopped
1 tomato: finely chopped
1 tsp: cumin seeds
1 tsp: mustard seeds
1 sprig: curry leaves
2 -3 tsp: oil
1/2 tsp: saunf
1 tsp: haldi powder
1 tsp: jeera powder
1 tsp:coriander powder
1 tsp: aamchur powder
1 tsp: kitchen king masala/sambar powder (optional)
1 tsp: ginger garlic paste
salt to taste
coriander leaves: finely chopped for garnishing
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add cumin seeds, saunf, mustard seeds, curry leaves once it splutters throw in the onions and ladel it till it becomes slightly golden brown
- Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste , haldi powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, kitchen king masala, aamchur powder, salt and fry till the oil is seen around the edges of this mixture, if necessary add/sprinkle some water if it is too dry.
- Once the masala is done add the pre-cooked whole green moong and mix well so as to coat the moong with the masala .
- cover and cook for some time and take it off the flame .
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.