Recipe adapted from Tarla Dalal's book - Pizzas & Pasta
2 cups cooked penne
2 tsp chopped garlic
3/4 cup cooked green peas
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 cup milk
2 tbsp maida ( plain flour), make a dilute paste of maida by mixing it in few tsps of milk.
2-3 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
STEP 1 :
How to cook Pasta: Source Tarla Dalal's book : Pizzas & Pasta
1. Use ample water. Always cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water with 1 tbsp of oil.
2. Add the pasta to the boiling water by adding a few at a time.
3. Cook uncovered , stirring occassionlly and gently until the pasta is tender.
4. Cooked pasta should be 'al dente' or firm to bite.
5. Once cooked, immediately drain it in a sieve or a colander. Transfer to a bowl of cold water to
refresh it. Drain again and keep it aside.
6. If the pasta is not used immediately, add 1 tbsp of oil to it and toss it and set it aside.
NOTE: 2 cups of dried pasta will yield 3 cups of cooked pasta. The quantity is suffient for 4 persons.
1.Heat the butter in a large sauce pan, add garlic and stir fry for sometime.
2. Add the tomato and stir further more till the tomatoes become soft, now add the diluted maida and keep stirring so that lumps are not formed.
3. Add milk gradually and mix well, bring to a boil.
4. Add the fresh cream, salt, pepper mix well. Keep it aside.
1. Just before serving , heat the sauce , adding a little milk /water if required ...as the sauce tends to thicken. Toss the pasta in it, garnish it with oregano and serve immediately.