Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Banana Bread

Very recently I came across a very gorgeous looking Banana Bread with a lovely almond mocha crumble dressing in Super chef’s blog http://superchef-mirchmasala.blogspot.com/2009/02/banana-bread-with-almond-mocha-crumble.html . Ooo! I was drooling…lol. The post had a link to a wonderful site dedicated to Banana Breads http://www.banana-bread.biz/banana-bread-with-pecan-coffee-crumble/ To begin with I wanted to try something very simple and basic before baking the banana bread with almond mocha crumble. And so I ended up baking Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Nut Bread. I religiously followed the recipe without making changes of any sort. The only change was that I baked the bread in a cake tin as I didn’t have a loaf pan. The recipe required an hour of baking but it took me only 35 minutes ( I used exactly half of the quantity mentioned in the original recipe). The result was great. My heartfelt thanks to Superchef!

7 comments:

Sujatha said...

Banana bread looks delicious, Suparna! sounds healthy too! Can go really well with tea..

Gayathri said...

Banana bread looks yum...nice click... :)

Suparna said...

Thanks Sujatha, Gayathri for the visit and comments :)

Usha said...

Banana bread looks perfect and inviting ! What a coincidence I posted an oat banana bread on my site yesterday too :-)

Suparna said...

Usha Thanks for visiting...I just had a peek at your blog too. i'll try including dates in the bread like u did next time.
Keep coming. TC

Trupti said...

Banana bread looks very delicious Suparna.

First time here..you have a very nice collection of recipes. I added u in my blogroll

Ann said...

Wow looks yummy and love the oatmeal texture, will sure trey this.